This toolkit is for all girls: may you love yourself, may you believe that your dreams can come true, and may you work to make your world a better place.
This toolkit is for all educators: may you seek to engage students with love and interactive lessons, may you seek to create community in the classroom, and may you work to make your world a better place.
May you be equally inspired by this program as you inspire through this program.
The following people and organizations have put time, effort, and passion into this project; it could not have been done without them!
- Lieutenant Debbie Farrar, Sergeant Sylvia Yepiz, and Officer Monica Laird, with the San Diego Police Department (SDPD).
- JJ Anderson and Grace Liu with Community Programs at the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office. Marissa Cardwell, Bianca Morales-Egan, Uli Heine, Marshall Whiting and Janine Schooley with Project Concern International (PCI)
- Rahsaan Brown, Bettina Sandoval, Santisha Lemmons, and Lynn Sharp-Underwood with the San Diego Commission on Gang Prevention and Intervention.
- Michelle Darsey, Lena Schmidt, and Taylor Schooley, AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members with Community Programs at San Diego County District Attorney’s Office.
- Brandon Horrocks, Angie Pulu, Sergio Mendez, Jessica Barajas, Adam Robinson, Malo Lutu and Irieanna Sesma with the Encanto branch of the Boys and Girls Club, and all the staff at the Boys and Girls Club.
- Lisa Covington and Dante Duaz with the Alliance for Community Empowerment (ACE).
- Vangie Akridge with My Community Huddle, Inc.
- Jen Finkelstein with the Tariq Khamisa Foundation (TKF).
- Gabriela Baeza with the San Diego County Office of Education, Student Support Services Department.
- Lanae Gutierrez with Star/PAL and the Girl-E, leadership and empowerment program.
- Reggie Washington with Attitudes When Angry & Resolving Emotional Issues Non Violently (AWARE)
- San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis.
Special thanks to the San Diego Commission on Gang Prevention and Intervention, the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, the San Diego Police Department, PCI, and the Encanto Boys and Girls Club.